Wednesday 10 September 2014

What is church?

Hey guys, 

So you must be thinking, "oh another holy post about church again, okay okay."

But no. 

Recently I've been having these thought about church itself, and the really stereotypical views towards it that I feel the need for everyone reading this to realise the truth. 

Firstly, church isn't a place for the holy or perfect people, neither does going to church promise a transformation in your life, that you will act and live life like a model student. 
NO. 
The reason why people go to church is because they've reached a point where they realise that they can't go through love alone. They need someone who is perfect, to help the imperfect them. Okay, think about it this way. 
If church was for the perfect Christians, then why do they even need to go to church cos they are already perfect?! 
I go to church because I'm imperfect. I can list down my flaws like an unlimited toilet roll hahaha. For example, I have a really bad temper. (True story lel) I'm not rejected from going to church just because I have flaws. Its's because I have flaws therefore I admit that I need Jesus cos without Him I'll be super helpless and hopeless in this world. 

Also, I beg to differ that all Christians ought to behave like good Christian children. Just because I go to church doesn't mean that I'll become a better person instantly and transform into a person with good temper etc. the transformation is the product of your journey with Jesus. When you truly receive a revelation for yourself, when you receive from Pastor every Sunday, the word that you hear for yourself, that is what will shape your believes and right believing leads to right living. 
Realise you don't act like a good Christian before receiving? Exactly! 
So why do you expect someone who goes to church to be a good person from the start, when really the transformation takes a period of time? 
And just because the person comes to church, it also doesn't mean that the person receives and believe 100% in what Pastor has preached. It's a journey and a walk with God that will transform you. It's not even your job to transform yourself. It's Daddy God's ::-) 

Secondly, 
Christians do sin. 
We lose our temper, we raise our voices at our loved ones, we make a mistake, just like you. Being a Christian doesn't make you sinless, doesn't exclude you from the fallen world itself... I sin. ALL DAY ERR DAY. It's not something I enjoy doing, but being in the flesh itself, it's inevitable. So I don't get why people are like, 

"You're a Christian, why are you acting like that?"
"You're a Christian how can you do this?"

YA I AM CHRISTIAN COS I NEED JESUS. Please understand that I need Jesus because I know that I am full of flaws and imperfections, that by myself I CMI. 

Now, I'm not saying that "oh okay lah Jo so you sin somemore lah." All I'm trying to say is that even though we're Christians, we are made of the flesh. After the fall of man, everyone is imperfect. And just because I believe in Jesus doesn't mean I'll totally be free from making mistakes like shouting back at my sister or throwing a tantrum. 

For the last point, I was gonna once again go on about how being an MM doesn't mean that I need to be more good girl. 
If you'd just understand that Josephine Lim needs so much help, so much Jesus. (( you can check out my previous blog post, for the one regarding MM)) 

Shalom, 
Josephine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment