Saturday 23 March 2013

IJ Walk and level outing (16/3/13)

Honestly today was fun. REALLY FUN. My day started at about 5.50am, washed up and left home about 6.20am. When we started our walk, it was all enthusiastic and fun.

I was probably the noisiest one, laughing out loud, singing out of tune and having ridiculous roles like looking out for a cute guy from hua Chong, which I did manage to find in the end.
I seriously camwhored with a whole lot of people and with different cameras, which some I didn't even know who it belonged to.

"When I grow up, I wanna be famous, I wanna be a star, I wanna be in movies."

When we reached our destination, we settled down and I had a "taste" of everyone's snacks.
The performances were not very impactful, but pretty entertaining.
I personally loved the mass dance because that was the only interesting thing. Haahhaah!

After the event ended and we were dismissed, Rei, Xuan Zhing and I went to the Pizza Place for some spaghetti (the irony). It was cheaper than skinny pizza and it looked pretty appetizing! We had a great time just hanging out, which we seldom did after school.
Which after, we visited Rei's aunt's art galley and there were amazing. I love art that involves THICK ACRYLIC PAINT. It's amazing how there are wonderful artists all over the world.


Level outing:
After I reached HF, I met up with mum to collect my bag with my clothes and slippers. I was really touched when I realised that she traveled all the way from bishan to harbour front by train just to make sure I not only get to level outing in time but also no need to bring all sorts of big and small bag throughout my IJ walk.
(I felt really condemned because I kinda flared up at my mum for not discussing it the night before. But it wasn't her fault cos there was CG)

So after I changed and met with my Adonai, to my surprise there were only 7 people. Hahaah, including me.
We hung around and chatted a little before meeting with Anchor Ark and yes I finally managed to catch up with Crystal, Verchelle and many girls in AA.

Cut the long story short, level outing was fun. But it was probably one the saddest days. To be honest being an emcee really killed my self confidence and it made me super insecure. Sometimes I wonder why I'm afraid people will judge me. That is the total opposite of myself in school.
This is my personal entry about the incident:
Like during the outing yesterday, a few of us were the game masters for the level games and so we had to brief the entire level and all. And I was freaking out to the point I felt super insecure and I made everyone nervous and all. Then when I was talking to the level, I felt that *********** was judging me and I FELT SUPER INSECURE AND DEMORALIZED.
For personal reasons, I removed the name. But you briefly get how I was feeling. I felt like the entire level outing was such a failure because of us. The response from the crowd was really disappointing.
You may say there's room to improve but I just felt I could've done better.


But the funny thing is that throughout this entire outing, I realized one thing that led to my insecurities and disappointment. It was relying on my own self effort. Just like Peter, I wanted to walk on water but I took my eyes off Jesus.
Shalom,
Jo











I found the VLOG to level outing! Check it out here hehe 

No comments:

Post a Comment