Sunday 31 March 2013

Hokkien service (31/3/13)

Hey guys,

So today, I went to support my sister and her ex DG mates who were performing for the special item.
The skit team consists of- Janice (my sister haha), Joy, Danielle (Seamus's sister), Eloise (Ethan's sister), Xiong Jing, Wilfred, Jonghan and Johnathan (Rachel's brother)

After Dare service, I had lunch with my mum before heading upstairs to Shine auditorium again and when we stepped in, there was this atmosphere that was totally different. The lobby at level 3 was filled with door greeters who spoke hokkien and it was pretty interesting.

THE WHOLE AUDITORIUM SMELLED LIKE MY GRANDMOTHER IM NOT EVEN KIDDING.

Not long after we settled down, praise and worship started and it was so heart warming to see all these elderly just singing out loud to Daddy God.
To be honest, the lyrics of the songs weren't flowery but they just consisted of simple words like, "耶稣 耶稣 爱我的", "Jesus Jesus, who loves me". Such a simple bridge but the congregation lifted their hands and sang out loud to Daddy God. It was amazing to see how these people really treat praise and worship as a time only between them and Jesus- ignoring those standing beside them.

I just felt that I wasn't placed there by chance or just merely supporting my sister. I believe Jesus placed me there to allow me to be exposed to how Jesus isn't limited by language barriers or age.

ANYONE CAN PRAISE AND WORSHIP, IN ANY LANGUAGE.

Today was a great experience and I hope that this entry blessed you.

Shalom,
Jo

No comments:

Post a Comment